cheat
Milestones
1949

Company incorporated on 30-7-1949.

1950

Ring machining facilities installed.

1951

Foundry for ferrous castings setup. Piston machining facilities installed.

1960

Linear machining facilities installed. Gudgeon pin heat treatment facility installed.

1961

First expansion: aluminium foundry, chrome plating.

1967

Second expansion: forged pistons, alfin pistons, piston castings exported to UK, chrome plated conformable oil rings. Export to central Europe.

1986

Piston plant at MM Nagar established.

1991

Promoted IP Rings for steel ring manufacture.

1993

Set up AEIP precision products - a 100% EOU.

1997

Ring production Unit II facility installed.

1998

Set up Ring blank unit at Sengundram.

1999

Golden jubilee year. Supply of Pistons to Indian Railways.

2003

Sembiam manufacturing facility is certified for TS 16949:2002.

2004

Set up India's fully automated production line for supply of pistons to Hyundai Motors. Sembiam manufacturing facility is certified for TS 16949:2009.

2005

First Indian company to develop and produce oil gallery (salt core) pistons for Euro 3 application.

2006

Ring Blank Unit at Sengundram was certified for OHSAS 18001. Received Foundry Men Award.

2007

India Pistons Ltd enters into a joint venture agreement with Mahle GMBH, with a facility in MM Nagar called Mahle-IPL specifically to cater to on-highway OEM Pistons.

Developed Moly Chrome Ceramic coated rings (MCC) indigenously.

Sembiam manufacturing facility is certified for ISO 14001:2004.

2009

A new manufacturing facility is set up at Rudrapur for piston assembly & cylinder liner production operation.

2011

Expanded its MCC, chrome plating & developed Nano Diamond Coating (NDC) to enhance its composite coating capability & capacity.

IPL acquired a cylinder liner facility and rechristens it IPL Engine Components Private Ltd (IPL-ECPL), with a capacity of 1.2 million liners per annum.

2012

Commissioned a new piston manufacturing facility at MM Nagar as part of IPL's piston expansion program.

Expansion of piston rings capacity at Sengundram to complement capacities at Sembiam.